Since 1890 degree programs in the United States have remained unchanged – that is until very recently in Georgia. In 2018 the University System of Georgia unveiled its nexus degree, which provide specialized education for in-demand fields. In December the first nexus degree students, Madeline Ramos and Louis Sanville from Columbus State University, graduated with nexus degrees in Film Production, of course a wildly fast-growing industry in Georgia, and one that has very specific, and skilled workforce demands. CSU adapting to fulfill the demands of the film industry has its students RISING…
The COVID-19 pandemic drove folks outdoors in 2020, leading to a record-breaking year for Georgia state parks. According to the state Dept. of Natural Resources park receipt revenue was up by 13%, overall visitation up by 11%, and hunting and fishing license holders had a 7% increase. A spike in funding and more Georgians enjoying the state’s great outdoors have our parks RISING…
- Honoring James Magazine’s 2020 Top Lobbyist Hall of Fame Inductees!
- James Magazine celebrates Georgia’s Top Lobbyists of 2020!
- New House committee will focus on election integrity
- Can casino gambling and horse racing piggyback sports gambling?
- Banner Year for Georgia State parks
- Public Safety Commissioner asks lawmakers for support of budget recommendations