Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms is finally talking about her city’s recent crime surge – but she’s pointing the blame toward Gov. Brian Kemp. Bottoms said Wednesday that a string of shootings outside of local nightclubs (three people have been killed since Nov. 6th) is due to the fact that Atlanta clubs and bars remain open, leading to outsiders coming to the city and causing trouble. She also blamed the recent rash of street racers on Kemp, though that reasoning was less clear. The pair’s once strong relationship is clearly SINKING…
The COVID-19 pandemic drove folks outdoors in 2020, leading to a record-breaking year for Georgia state parks. According to the state Dept. of Natural Resources park receipt revenue was up by 13%, overall visitation up by 11%, and hunting and fishing license holders had a 7% increase. A spike in funding and more Georgians enjoying the state’s great outdoors have our parks RISING…
- James Magazine celebrates Georgia’s Top Lobbyists of 2020!
- New House committee will focus on election integrity
- Can casino gambling and horse racing piggyback sports gambling?
- Banner Year for Georgia State parks
- Public Safety Commissioner asks lawmakers for support of budget recommendations
- Ga. VECTR Center helps put veterans to work