This past Tuesday the interchange of Georgia 400 and Old Milton Parkway was renamed the “Richard L. Jackson Interchange”— a tribute to CEO and philanthropist Rick Jackson of Alpharetta-based Jackson Healthcare. Sen. Brandon Beach, R-Alpharetta– who authored the renaming legislation– says “Jackson has done an unbelievable job in building a company that provides so many important jobs. Jackson Healthcare employees are among the most productive and happiest you will find due to the company’s dedication to giving back and serving others. When you learn about his humble beginning, you realize Rick truly embodies the American dream.” Rick Jackson and his son Shane (president of the huge healthcare staffing company) support a wide range of charities– especially helping foster care children. RISING…
The COVID-19 pandemic drove folks outdoors in 2020, leading to a record-breaking year for Georgia state parks. According to the state Dept. of Natural Resources park receipt revenue was up by 13%, overall visitation up by 11%, and hunting and fishing license holders had a 7% increase. A spike in funding and more Georgians enjoying the state’s great outdoors have our parks RISING…
- James Magazine celebrates Georgia’s Top Lobbyists of 2020!
- New House committee will focus on election integrity
- Banner Year for Georgia State parks
- Public Safety Commissioner asks lawmakers for support of budget recommendations
- Ga. VECTR Center helps put veterans to work
- Keeping up with Legislative deliberations