You might think that Georgia hospitals would be one industry that has stayed busy during the coronavirus pandemic, but they are feeling the pain as much as anybody else. Marietta’s Wellstar this week announced it was being forced to furlough more than 1,000 employees, while Emory Healthcare will furlough up to 1,500. Patients have been reluctant to come into the hospital – either for check-ups or even for minor emergencies or elective surgeries, which has the state’s healthcare industry SINKING…
The COVID-19 pandemic drove folks outdoors in 2020, leading to a record-breaking year for Georgia state parks. According to the state Dept. of Natural Resources park receipt revenue was up by 13%, overall visitation up by 11%, and hunting and fishing license holders had a 7% increase. A spike in funding and more Georgians enjoying the state’s great outdoors have our parks RISING…
- James Magazine celebrates Georgia’s Top Lobbyists of 2020!
- New House committee will focus on election integrity
- Can casino gambling and horse racing piggyback sports gambling?
- Banner Year for Georgia State parks
- Public Safety Commissioner asks lawmakers for support of budget recommendations
- Ga. VECTR Center helps put veterans to work