It seems like every week there is another eye-popping press release from the Georgia Ports Authority, which continues to break shipping records and expand at a feverish pace. This week it was announced the acquisition of 145 contiguous acres near the Port of Savannah, enough to accommodate more than 1 million additional shipping containers. It is the largest addition of storage space in more than 20 years, and all but guarantees that 2020 will bring another round of broken records. The Ports Authority continues to have the state’s ship RISING…
The COVID-19 pandemic drove folks outdoors in 2020, leading to a record-breaking year for Georgia state parks. According to the state Dept. of Natural Resources park receipt revenue was up by 13%, overall visitation up by 11%, and hunting and fishing license holders had a 7% increase. A spike in funding and more Georgians enjoying the state’s great outdoors have our parks RISING…
- James Magazine celebrates Georgia’s Top Lobbyists of 2020!
- New House committee will focus on election integrity
- Can casino gambling and horse racing piggyback sports gambling?
- Banner Year for Georgia State parks
- Public Safety Commissioner asks lawmakers for support of budget recommendations
- Ga. VECTR Center helps put veterans to work