Wednesday’s Game 5 of the National League Division series was a sad night for the Atlanta Braves who suffered a staggering loss to the Cardinals. Many Braves fans were also upset due to a Cardinals player who complained that the famed Braves tomahawk chop is “disrespectful” to Native American Indians. In response, distribution of foam tomahawks to fans was stopped along with the chop music and videos in SunTrust Park. A fan backlash has naturally occurred, with the hope that the Braves front office will rethink this decision. The staggering loss is one thing; the ban another. So far, the situation is DRIFTING…
Gov. Brian Kemp announced Thursday that the Ball Corporation will be constructing a new plant in Rome, bringing with it more than 180 jobs and an investment of over $200 million. The plant, which will produce aluminum cups, will be the company’s second in the area. For Rome and Floyd County as a whole, the big investment has the region RISING…
- House passes Hice’s Presidential Pension Reform bill
- Committee on Maternal Mortality hears about work being done across the state
- Debunking Ag Myths pt. 2: Snakes Aren’t Scary!
- Rome gets big investment
- Lawmakers hear testimony on casinos and gambling
- The 2020 Census and the dangers of under-counting