An internal Fulton County audit released last week shows that commercial properties across they county have been wildly undervalued, leading their property owners to pay much less than they should in taxes. A side effect – much of that tax burden falls to Fulton homeowners, who have seen their property taxes rise significantly in recent years to make up the difference. Who is to blame? What is the solution? Those questions need answering – but wealthy developers getting big time tax breaks while homeowners pick up the slack has Fulton’s ship DRIFTING…
Gov. Brian Kemp announced Thursday that the Ball Corporation will be constructing a new plant in Rome, bringing with it more than 180 jobs and an investment of over $200 million. The plant, which will produce aluminum cups, will be the company’s second in the area. For Rome and Floyd County as a whole, the big investment has the region RISING…
- House passes Hice’s Presidential Pension Reform bill
- Committee on Maternal Mortality hears about work being done across the state
- Debunking Ag Myths pt. 2: Snakes Aren’t Scary!
- Rome gets big investment
- Lawmakers hear testimony on casinos and gambling
- The 2020 Census and the dangers of under-counting