It was a record setting weekend for Atlanta’s Peachtree Road Race, as both male and female winners posted incredible times in the 10K race. Rhonex Kipruto won for the men, running the fastest 10K ever on American soil at 27:01. Female winner Brigid Kosgei alsowith an unofficial time of 30:22. In addition, records were broken for both men and women in the Shepherd Center wheelchair divisions. The race, which on July 4th celebrated its 50th year, is the largest 10K in the entire world, and another record breaking day has its ship RISING…
Gov. Brian Kemp announced Thursday that the Ball Corporation will be constructing a new plant in Rome, bringing with it more than 180 jobs and an investment of over $200 million. The plant, which will produce aluminum cups, will be the company’s second in the area. For Rome and Floyd County as a whole, the big investment has the region RISING…
- House passes Hice’s Presidential Pension Reform bill
- Committee on Maternal Mortality hears about work being done across the state
- Debunking Ag Myths pt. 2: Snakes Aren’t Scary!
- Rome gets big investment
- Lawmakers hear testimony on casinos and gambling
- The 2020 Census and the dangers of under-counting