Former Columbus Mayor Teresa Tomlinson is the Democratic frontrunner for Senate in the race against Sen. David Perdue (R-GA), and she’s hard at work raising money to fund her upset bid. Tomlinson’s campaign announced that it has raised more than $520,000 from roughly 3,500 individual donors from all 50 states since entering the race in April. Perdue has yet to release his second quarter numbers but raised nearly $2 million in the first quarter. The race is still shaping up, but Tomlinson’s current fundraising numbers against a formidable foe have the Democrats’ hopes of taking the seat DRIFTING…
Gov. Brian Kemp announced Thursday that the Ball Corporation will be constructing a new plant in Rome, bringing with it more than 180 jobs and an investment of over $200 million. The plant, which will produce aluminum cups, will be the company’s second in the area. For Rome and Floyd County as a whole, the big investment has the region RISING…
- House passes Hice’s Presidential Pension Reform bill
- Committee on Maternal Mortality hears about work being done across the state
- Debunking Ag Myths pt. 2: Snakes Aren’t Scary!
- Rome gets big investment
- Lawmakers hear testimony on casinos and gambling
- The 2020 Census and the dangers of under-counting