The Georgia Historical Society held its 10th anniversary trustees gala in Savannah on Saturday night and Gov. Nathan Deal inducted two new trustees– Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian and Georgia Power CEO Paul Bowers. Trustees appointed by the English king began governing the colony of Georgia after James Oglethorpe founded it on Feb. 12, 1733. The boats of the governor and the Historical Society, for recognizing two worthy “new Georgia trustees” whose public service reflect the highest ideals of the original colonial trustees, are RISING….
Transparency has long been a topic of great concern at Atlanta City Hall, and one key figure there wants to address it. City Council President Felicia Moore this week called for the establishment of an Inspector General’s Office which would oversee and hold accountable city employees and elected officials. The Kasim Reed administration was rife with corruption, some of which seems to have spilled over into Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms’ tenure, but Moore working hard to increase transparency and accountability has her ship RISING…
- Beach ends campaign for Congress
- Atlanta City Council President Pushes for Transparency
- Phil Kent on the importance of community outreach
- Former Veteran Pollster Explains Latest UGA Poll
- President Carter honored as Distinguished Conservationist by Georgia Conservancy
- Atlanta sports teams rally for betting