The Georgia Historical Society held its 10th anniversary trustees gala in Savannah on Saturday night and Gov. Nathan Deal inducted two new trustees– Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian and Georgia Power CEO Paul Bowers. Trustees appointed by the English king began governing the colony of Georgia after James Oglethorpe founded it on Feb. 12, 1733. The boats of the governor and the Historical Society, for recognizing two worthy “new Georgia trustees” whose public service reflect the highest ideals of the original colonial trustees, are RISING….
Not the biggest story involving Colonial Pipeline this week – but the oil giant will move into a new 62-acre, $65 million headquarters in Alpharetta early next year. Good news for the city just north of Atlanta, that the company is staying in town and investing heavily in the area. RISING. Hopefully though Colonial will set aside a little money for increased cybersecurity – maybe look towards Augusta and its Georgia Cyber Center for advice – the hack that threw the entire eastern seaboard into disarray has them SINKING…
- Colonial Pipeline’s $65M new digs
- State GOP Battling Cobb, DeKalb Counties in Court
- Georgia Congressman applauds retirement provision that would benefit airline pilots
- Department of Ed awards $14 mill in new grants
- New law allows home-schoolers to participate in extracurricular activities at school
- Shepherd Center leans into virtual care