The almost-bankrupt Georgia Republican Party makes a smart move by tapping former U.S. Rep. Jack Kingston of Savannah to head the party’s foundation. He narrowly lost the GOP nomination for the U.S. Senate last year to now-incumbent Sen. David Perdue, but proved himself an impressive fundraiser. Now, as Republican Foundation head, Kingston will be the state party’s lead fund-raiser to fill its coffers for the 2016 election cycle. For both the party and the affable former congressman, their boats can only RISE…
Gov. Brian Kemp announced Thursday that the Ball Corporation will be constructing a new plant in Rome, bringing with it more than 180 jobs and an investment of over $200 million. The plant, which will produce aluminum cups, will be the company’s second in the area. For Rome and Floyd County as a whole, the big investment has the region RISING…
- House passes Hice’s Presidential Pension Reform bill
- Committee on Maternal Mortality hears about work being done across the state
- Debunking Ag Myths pt. 2: Snakes Aren’t Scary!
- Rome gets big investment
- Lawmakers hear testimony on casinos and gambling
- The 2020 Census and the dangers of under-counting