What a coincidence that Cobb County and the city of Smyrna are expected to become the new home of the Atlanta Braves in 2017. Cobb also happens to be the home turf of an all-star roster of affluent, experienced and motivated Not-In-My-Backyard activists. When they realize how and how much the county’s expected $300 million contribution to the stadium’s construction is going to fall on the backs of Cobb taxpayers, these NIMBYs may be ready to make a call to the bullpen for relief, in the form of new elected representatives. Is this whole affair a political suicide squeeze? There’s no way to know for sure right now. It’s still the top of the first. Drifting
Folks who have spent time in Texas likely know about Buc-ee’s, the sprawling travel center/gas stations that pop up across the Lonestar State. Well now the beloved fuel station has come to Warner Robins, and the new 53,000-square-foot travel center boasts a whopping 116 fueling positions and thousands of food and drink options. Great news for Georgia drivers – Buc-ee’s is also known for having the “world’s cleanest bathrooms.” RISING…
- Raffensperger’s March Settlement Shocks GOP Attorneys; Gives Sole Authority to Democrat Handwriting Experts
- Buc-ee’s comes to GA
- Stone Mountain: “The Other Side of the Story”
- Group Supporting Defunding The Police Is Poised To Spend Big To Support Dems
- Right to Farm debate likely to return to General Assembly
- Happy Thanksgiving from IAG and James Magazine!