The long awaited opening of the Northwest Corridor Express Lanes through Cobb and Cherokee Counties took place over the weekend. The project is the most expensive road project ever performed by GDOT, and it is all in an effort to help commuters get to work and back more quickly and easily. The lanes will be free to Peach Pass purchasers for the first 14 days of operation, after which tolls will be charged based on usage and congestion. For North Atlanta residents, another option to ease traffic has the ship RISING…
There are more electric scooters than ever on city streets, and lawmakers are getting fed up. The City of Alpharetta recently banned e-scooters, and the City of Atlanta is considering legislation cracking down on them, and has directed police officers to more strictly enforce violations. The scooters certainly have their benefits, but without regulation they have become something of a public nuisance, not to mention a danger when ridden on sidewalks and busy streets. As legislators across the Atlanta Metro ponder their future, e-scooter companies are DRIFTING…
- Georgia leaders will study state’s high maternal mortality rates
- Cities crack down on scooters
- Georgia celebrates World Sea Turtle Day as record nesting reported on coast
- Watch The Georgia Gang on YouTube!
- School Superintendent says listening tour was “well-received”
- Carter introduces bill to increase telemedicine access for veterans