The Georgia Historical Society held its 10th anniversary trustees gala in Savannah on Saturday night and Gov. Nathan Deal inducted two new trustees– Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian and Georgia Power CEO Paul Bowers. Trustees appointed by the English king began governing the colony of Georgia after James Oglethorpe founded it on Feb. 12, 1733. The boats of the governor and the Historical Society, for recognizing two worthy “new Georgia trustees” whose public service reflect the highest ideals of the original colonial trustees, are RISING….
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources has declared a level one drought throughout much of the state, including Metro Atlanta, following a hot and dry summer into fall. While water use restrictions are not yet officially in place, they could be as soon as this week if we don’t see any rain. While yards and water bills are starting to suffer, the real risk is for farmers, who if they don’t get some rain soon may find themselves SINKING…
- Deer hunting begins – with a big boost to the Georgia economy
- Senator announces legislation to add protection to students from sexual assault at school
- Watch The Georgia Gang on YouTube!
- A Georgia Drought
- House passes Hice’s Presidential Pension Reform bill
- Committee on Maternal Mortality hears about work being done across the state