The Georgia Historical Society held its 10th anniversary trustees gala in Savannah on Saturday night and Gov. Nathan Deal inducted two new trustees– Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian and Georgia Power CEO Paul Bowers. Trustees appointed by the English king began governing the colony of Georgia after James Oglethorpe founded it on Feb. 12, 1733. The boats of the governor and the Historical Society, for recognizing two worthy “new Georgia trustees” whose public service reflect the highest ideals of the original colonial trustees, are RISING….
The COVID-19 pandemic drove folks outdoors in 2020, leading to a record-breaking year for Georgia state parks. According to the state Dept. of Natural Resources park receipt revenue was up by 13%, overall visitation up by 11%, and hunting and fishing license holders had a 7% increase. A spike in funding and more Georgians enjoying the state’s great outdoors have our parks RISING…
- James Magazine celebrates Georgia’s Top Lobbyists of 2020!
- New House committee will focus on election integrity
- Banner Year for Georgia State parks
- Public Safety Commissioner asks lawmakers for support of budget recommendations
- Ga. VECTR Center helps put veterans to work
- Keeping up with Legislative deliberations