The Georgia Historical Society held its 10th anniversary trustees gala in Savannah on Saturday night and Gov. Nathan Deal inducted two new trustees– Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian and Georgia Power CEO Paul Bowers. Trustees appointed by the English king began governing the colony of Georgia after James Oglethorpe founded it on Feb. 12, 1733. The boats of the governor and the Historical Society, for recognizing two worthy “new Georgia trustees” whose public service reflect the highest ideals of the original colonial trustees, are RISING….
Do you like chicken wings? Of course you do! This Sunday head to The Fairmont in West Midtown for the 2019 Southern Wing Showdown, produced by our friends at Taste of Atlanta. More than 25 local and southeastern restaurants will be serving up their specialty wings, and of course drinks will be flowing and live music will be playing. Charity partners include Angel Flight Soars and Second Helpings Atlanta, so you’ll be partying with a purpose. Get your tickets HERE and we’ll see you there – good wings, good drinks, and good people have this weekend RISING…
- Gwinnett Solicitor Warns Walmart About Rising Crime
- Kemp announces new partner at Georgia Cyber Center in Augusta
- Atlanta “Parties with a Purpose”
- Annual Highway Report shows Georgia rankings fall, but Senator warns about data
- Fundraiser Honors the 9/11 ‘Stair Climbers’ in Atlanta
- UGA helping build out Georgia’s workforce pipeline