The Georgia Historical Society held its 10th anniversary trustees gala in Savannah on Saturday night and Gov. Nathan Deal inducted two new trustees– Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian and Georgia Power CEO Paul Bowers. Trustees appointed by the English king began governing the colony of Georgia after James Oglethorpe founded it on Feb. 12, 1733. The boats of the governor and the Historical Society, for recognizing two worthy “new Georgia trustees” whose public service reflect the highest ideals of the original colonial trustees, are RISING….
The Atlanta City Council this week again delayed a vote on approving the $5 billion plan that would transform the 40-acre Gulch area below State Farm Arena. That plan, backed by LA-based CIM Group, would cost taxpayers some $1.75 billion. Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms has pushed hard for council approval, who have remained wary alongside public backlash that local residents aren’t getting a fair deal. By slowing down the process and asking for options such as public transit, the council looking out for Atlanta residents and not blindly plowing ahead has their ship RISING…
- McKoon named Executive Director of Faith and Freedom Coalition of Georgia
- City Council pushes back on Gulch plan
- New Study Shows Good Business for Business Students in Atlanta
- McKee on voter registration ‘scare’
- Atlanta Fire Chief Fired by Reed Vindicated; Gets Payout
- Following Trump visit, Sens. Perdue, Isakson Tour Hurricane Michael Devastation With Pence