The Georgia Historical Society held its 10th anniversary trustees gala in Savannah on Saturday night and Gov. Nathan Deal inducted two new trustees– Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian and Georgia Power CEO Paul Bowers. Trustees appointed by the English king began governing the colony of Georgia after James Oglethorpe founded it on Feb. 12, 1733. The boats of the governor and the Historical Society, for recognizing two worthy “new Georgia trustees” whose public service reflect the highest ideals of the original colonial trustees, are RISING….
The Atlanta City Council this week submitted a request to the state legislature asking them to repeal the state’s prohibition on rent controls. Citing rising housing costs, the Atlanta officials hope that allowing for rent control might lead to more affordable housing within city limits. However, 81% of economists agree that rent control is a bad policy, one that decreases stock of rental units, driving the average price up not down, and actually further fuels gentrification rather than limiting it. With a legislature that figures to be very reluctant to institute such a policy, the bid for rent control in Atlanta is SINKING…
- Don’t Stand in the Way of Georgia Families’ Education Options
- Georgia lawmakers will consider carry permit reciprocity bill
- Rent control in Georgia?
- Georgia tax-credit programs suffering dent in donations
- State House adopts resolution supporting Trump and troops
- Atlanta City Council moves closer to Inspector General approval