Valdosta lawyer William “Pope” Langdale last week was named as the new President of the powerful Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. He will serve for one year, taking over for outgoing President Darren Penn. A partner at Langdale Vallotton, LLP, Langdale takes the reins at one of the state’s most prominent associations, and one that has close ties to politics statewide. For Pope Langdale and the group he now heads up, the ship is RISING…
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources has declared a level one drought throughout much of the state, including Metro Atlanta, following a hot and dry summer into fall. While water use restrictions are not yet officially in place, they could be as soon as this week if we don’t see any rain. While yards and water bills are starting to suffer, the real risk is for farmers, who if they don’t get some rain soon may find themselves SINKING…
- Deer hunting begins – with a big boost to the Georgia economy
- Senator announces legislation to add protection to students from sexual assault at school
- Watch The Georgia Gang on YouTube!
- A Georgia Drought
- House passes Hice’s Presidential Pension Reform bill
- Committee on Maternal Mortality hears about work being done across the state